For someone who has an extremely active day (my day usually begins in the AM and ends late at night) supplements are essential.
I’ve tried many different brands but here are my current favorites:
Even though I knew some of the benefits, I decided to research more for you guys, since there is way too much information out there.
Take one tablet a day
– Sweat glands, nerve tissue and bone marrow will function at their peak efficiency
– Stimulates rapid nail and hair growth
– Processes every type of food that you ingest, including carbohydrates, protein and fat.
– Essential for your metabolic process: the food that you take in will be processed quickly
Buy It Now – Biotin – $7.79
Take two tablets a day
– Boosts your immune system (prevents you from getting colds, coughs and the flu)
– Acts as a defense against Alzheimer’s disease
– Improves vision
– Treats acne
– Reduces risk of heart diseases and stroke
– Improves blood circulation
– Prevents asthma and kidney failure
– Keeps hair healthy
– Relieves depression, anxiety, mental fatigue, stress, decreased sexual desire, suicidal tendencies and other nervous disorders
– For pregnant women: helps in the development of the eyes and the brain of the baby. Also helps to avoid premature births, low birth weight, and miscarriages
Buy It Now – Fish Oil – $27.95
Take one tablet a day
– Prevents strokes, osteoporosis, blood vessel disease, cervical cancer and even macular degeneration
– Has been helpful in major depression and schizophrenia
– Prevents certain birth defects (by taking the supplements way before considering to get pregnant)
– Prevents colon, esophageal, stomach and pancreatic cancer.
If you are taking birth control to prevent pregnancy, your folic acid levels decrease, to increase the levels and to have all these health benefits of folic acid, it is advised to take the supplement.
Sold at Walgreens
For Memory: Take 3 tables a day
For Eyes & Heart: 1 tablet a day
– Provides brain, eye and heart health benefits.
– Improves memory (prevents Alzheimer’s disease)
Buy It Now – Algal DHA – $13.79
Xiao Yao Pian
My acupuncturist recommended me this and I take it 3 times a day.
– Keeps the body and its organs working in harmony
– Regulates menstruation by regulating the secretion of hormones (prevents PMS and menstrual cramps)
– Mood enhancement
– Soothes the liver, strengthens the spleen and tonifies the blood
Buy It Now – Xiao Yao Pian – $8.99
*Please consult your doctor before taking these supplement if you are pregnant, have allergies or other concerns.